Tuesday, August 11, 2009

UPS driver where are you?

Waiting for she/he to deliver my new amazing laptop bag that I ordered from this site (highly recommended.) Hopefully it will be efficient, lightweight, easy to carry, somewhat trendy, and similar to the gorgeous gray Italian leather Cristina bag my bfff gave me for Christmas last year. Should work out like everything else has lately.

That's what I love about my life right now... yes, there's quite a bit of thought/effort invested in the planning of stuff, but when it feels as if I'm not struggling everyday I'm very pleased. These first few weeks of school should be sort of stressful but also totally fun. Can't wait to work with the returning GTAs and welcoming new faces. This makes me feel good!

Happily, life is not going to be as complicated this fall semester. Three courses with three faculty members that I'm looking forward to attending (along with my ABCD responsibilities/office hrs), and then knee surgery/hardware removal on December 21st. I hope to position myself for the preliminary exams soon and plan for the massive undertaking we all lovingly refer to as the dissertation proposal (cue the scary music.) Nevertheless, I'm going to enjoy myself these next few months and take a relatively lackadaisical approach to my life. "Auto-pilot" is sometimes necessary, and enjoyment is imperative.

Also, I'm still feeling extremely invested in my workouts. Even though the daily 40 mins seemed like it would be way to hard to accomplish during the school year, I'm positive after the meeting yesterday that I'll be able to stick with my cycling regimen. Really stoked! Ok, enough babble. Here was the lunch that I just annhilated after viewing the really horrible car accident that was out in front of my scary intersection. That place is a death trap... hoping the driver was ok considering they were taking him away on a stretcher =(

Grilled ham/Havarti, Michigan sweet cherries (my fave!), tomato juice



No comments:

Post a Comment