Thursday, August 13, 2009

"I broke up with cheese"

This was Nia Vardalos' (from My Big Fat Greek Wedding) witty response to the media on how she lost 40lbs earlier this summer. She told People magazine: "I always say cheese keeps calling me and trying to get me to meet at a cheap motel but I'm really committed to just staying single for awhile."

Well, that's cute, but I just can't do it. To keep with the funny analogy, I almost always put out for cheese... even though I've been trying to distance myself from his advances for quite some time now.

Along with some really good salsa verde, here's the sucky mess of nachos I procured yesterday with baked tortilla chips and the fat free shredded cheddar cheese I've been trying to choke down in the spirit of trying to replace some of the stuff in my repertoire of loved but calorie-laden foods with "healthier" alternatives (it looks and tastes like melted plastic):








Well, I guess it's back to the drawing board... or cheese board (get it?)
Off to Chicago! Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Haha. I love it! I always put out for cheese too :)

    ReplyDelete