Saturday, August 8, 2009

Linner

You know, the cross between lunch and dinner.

Ate all this yummy stuff after watching Julie & Julia this afternoon because I wanted to feel like I was endulging (but without the bacon fat or butter.) I'm a huge lover of spicy tuna sushi and seaweed salad... could eat this everyday! The apple chips are not the healthiest choice, but I wanted a little bit of extra fiber.


Was really hungry, and being that it's so late in the day I decided to finish it up with a few golden raspberries and low-fat cream. Definitely had a good day with a few splurges... even found a pair of gray pin-striped pants for school (which is really kick-ass considering I can never find anything long enough!)




Also dug the film even though I was accompanied by a theatre full of elderly women. Hmmmm crazy. Anyway, Meryl Streep** was amazing! Stanley Tucci was not so bad either. I also enjoyed reminiscing the day when a tall woman could sit next to her somewhat smaller-statured man and completely succumb to a rich meal, a full-flavored cigarette, and a stiff gin and tonic in public (all of which Julia Child would definitely partake in back in the day.) When I'm back to a position of weight maintenance I'll be following her lead again once in a while =)

The movie was an accurate depiction of the love and devotion that so many cooks are able to experience with the meals they prepare at home for the people they adore. This simple notion has the potential to change the world and touch everyone's lives... and I'm all about that. I know my big sister will appreciate it too.


** Most hilarious line (when extracting manicotti shells out of hot, boiling water bare-handed): "These damn things are hot as a stiff cock!"

No comments:

Post a Comment