Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Long Weekend, Even Longer Week

Well, I missed a couple of days writing for the ol' b-log due to a few unforeseen issues yesterday. I anticipate this happening every once in a while over the semester. Anyway, the weekend was CRZNAZY! So much good food! I totally over-did it, but I thought I'd take a few random pictures along the way:

Katje and I messing around after devouring a whole Jet's BBQ chicken pizza (P.S. Kevin- we love screwing with you late at night on FB IM... you're such a dork!)


Eliy's yummy, cheesy breakfast dog before it wound up in the dirt.



At Sarah's benefit softball tournament on Sat. morning w/ Joy and Chi.



Mango Dole Whip from Doozie's! (Obviously dipped in chocolate... that's how I roll.)



On the way home from Dad's on Sunday (after having a huge dinner (grilled chicken, potato salad, fresh corn, homegrown tomatoes, Grandma bread, and ice cream)) we wondered if the popcorn wagon was open... it was! I can never resist their fresh, still-warm caramel corn. Katje can't resist any kind of cotton candy either.


Then, once arriving to Paula-Land I discovered a delicious pie made from blackberries picked out at Mom and Roger's "secret" state land. Obviously I decided one more morsel wouldn't hurt me...



... until later in the evening when we succumbed to Freddie's burgers while watching the end of the game.

How I missed it. Needless to say, I definitely put the hurt on... and maybe a couple of pounds. But it's always worth it, because these are the types of thing that I truly enjoy (even though I don't allow myself to do that very often.) And when thinking back to Sunday afternoon, sitting in the backyard at home in Adirondak chairs, listening to Roy Blount Jr on A Prarie Home Companion comment about the art of a Southern supper, Dad said, "Listen to this. It'll remind you of how we eat." So of course I asked, "Um, Dad, how do we eat?" To which he laughingly replied: "Like pigs!"

Here is the podcast in case you're interested:





So yeah, still not sure about the results of Weigh Day 2009... but I did enjoy the realization that it's been over two years since breaking my leg! I feel really great now that I've continued to maintain and thrive =)

In other news: just waiting for Thursday to get here. Thinking about KWKE and hoping he's getting through this ok. Although I have to be down in BG for all of these initial first week tasks, I feel detached from what I'm supposed to be doing. Wish I could be there with him now.

1 comment:

  1. I have been craving a Freddie's burger for a few weeks now...haven't had one in forever. I love them even though they make me so sick, but it is worth it!

    ReplyDelete