Saturday, September 26, 2009

Red Meat & Sox Beat
























Well, I'm all out of venison so I picked up a steak for dinner. Sorry to all you vegetarians if this disgusts you. As Anthony Bourdain would say: "It tastes like it died screaming." Yum.

Consequently, on the way I discovered that BGSU is absolutely reigning the football scene as far as their home tailgate tradition. Holy poop! It saddens me that this town, renowned for hillbilly types of activities such as the National Tractor Pulls, has trumped CMU in more civilized pasttimes including the astute, ascot-like tailgate.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (Even I couldn't say that without laughing.)

Ok, but regardless, everyone should compare these two schools in terms of ridiculous college football traditions. Last weekend I couldn't believe the complaints in Mount Pleasant regarding their new tailgate rules. Undergrads and alums alike were virtually bawling in the streets up there. Here's what the CM Life had to say about the situation:

A whole new look to CMU tailgating
By Joe Borlik September 21, 2009
Tags: , , ,
New regulations limit tailgating attendance Saturday afternoon in Lot 63. "No one's going to go to the game because of this," said Shepherd junior Shannon Sullivan. "This isn't CMU tailgate." Students tailgating at Kelly/Shorts Stadium Saturday noticed some changes. Clarkston junior Mitch Miller sure did. “I’ve never seen tailgating this empty,” Miller said. “This is terrible. CMU had the best tailgating in the state. Now, it’s below average.” The student tailgating lot, Lot 63, totaled fewer than two full lanes of vehicles Saturday afternoon. Many said it was because of the new tailgating procedures, which include increased security, required parking passes, no external sound systems and an alcohol limit of six beers or one pint of liquor....


Isn't it sad when the middle-class yuppie fraternity boys and girls can't get together for a reasonable display of public drunkenness? It definitely bums me out. Here's what BGSU's lot looked like this afternoon (right across from the intersection into my apartments next to I-75.) This photo only displays a mere portion of the total splendor:



Blah. I can't believe that stuff. Boooooo CMU! Yeah BGSU! My alma mater is turning into the proverbial "bitch" of the party world. Anyway, I thought this was worth sharing.

Nevertheless, if my large, indulgent helping of red meat doesn't result in a win against the White Sox tonight I think I might go postal. GO TIGERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment