Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Dr. Phil is a Pill

I read his books The Ultimate Weight Solution and Life Lessons a while ago... needless to say, these were a few of the more choice contributions from "Paulaland" (e.g. my mom's world of cock-and-bull mediated advice.) Credibility be damned, he has a hell of a lot of advice for people... but is it anything else than mere common sense mixed with a heaping dose of bullshit?

I just saw that Phil is starting a new show and was questioning his legitimacy again. Here's a decent link that argues his lack of license:

http://everydaypsychology.com/2008/01/is-dr-phil-actually-psychologist.html


I'm also interested in the shows where he turns weight into spectacle. If you're called into check by this guy, you obviously belong in the "other" category. You're deviant. You suck. You have no self-control. You're ruining your kids lives. Oh yeah, and can you be on my show so we can show everybody how ridiculously fat you are? Childhood obesity is always a hot-button topic for the lame-brains:








Yes, this man has a ton of power over the masses... but I just love to make fun of him. His twangy two cents on every stereotypical issue is enough to make me laugh. So here's a fab little link to conjure your own reactions Phil McGraw-style (it works the best when you call someone and start pounding on the various "I don't give a crap" lines):















Dr. Phil Soundboard So you can do your own prank call like those radio guys.

There you go. I've said my piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment