Saturday, September 26, 2009

Busy Important PhD Student Stuff

Whoah... that was a hell of week. Sorry world. I was completing busy, important PhD student stuff and I didn't find a lot of time to blog this week; which is scary! If I can't find time for my personal needs (where blogging is ABSOLUTELY a necessity), how am I going to elevate myself to rockstar scholar status?! I mean really, blogging is right next to eating and sex right? It's right there on the bottom of Maslow's Hierarchy isn't it?


Ok, my bad. I lapsed into a sarcastic rant for a sec. But really, I can't believe September is almost over. The main excitement this month is realizing how soon I'll be done with grad school down here. The days seem to be flying by for the most part, which, if you're a sentimental lady like myself, is a tough thing to accept when it can be noted that the process of learning and writing is so bittersweet. Time plays into this process at every turn. I'm ready for my meetings, scheduling, and coursework to dwindle, but at this pace I'm also worried that my experience here in BG is being notched up to some sort of frantic, crazy pace.

Anyway, all of this punctuality and accountability can sometimes wear on my social life too. This is the first weekend in over a month that I've been able to kick back and vegetate for a few minutes (even though I have my teaching philosophy to write and a teaching plan to compose.) As I've thought so many times, I love to drive home or have people visit me here but I hate the distraction because I know that I have a propensity to slack off. This is my plight... it makes me psycho LOL

In other news, I'M FINALLY WORKING ON MY HALLOWEEN COSTUME! Oooooooo, this is going to be good.... and I'm keeping it a surprise for the most part. I've only told a few people thus far. Anyway, I can't wait to take my mind off of other things and get in front of my sewing machine for a few minutes here and there. If I have no time to cook right now, I hope I can at least get my hands on a project that I don't have to do a lot of brain work with (if that makes sense.) Can't wait for October and Katje's birthday!

Oh yeah, and here's another marvelous development: WE'RE GOING TO THE SECOND ALDS GAME! Somehow 8lb 6oz baby Jesus granted me with the luck of being able to purchase 4 tix for the post season. I'm really excited! Go Tigers!

Ok friends, back to relaxing. Monday I plan to continue utilizing this medium for my Pedagogy log. It will probably get really boring... just warning you in case I can't deliver my customary sarcastic repartee for a little while. Just keeping it real. Not gonna lie. Let me be honest with you xoxo BA

No comments:

Post a Comment