Monday, September 7, 2009

First Teaching Reflection

Ok, so I'm going to use my personal blog as a medium for Pedagogy as well. It will still be peppered with the random writings and/or headlines that I discover and find the need to write about, therefore I hope it won't get altogether boring in here. Regardless, this will give me a chance to look back and discover some of the lessons I may have learned during my teaching experiences and will also show Dr. Boyd-Barrett that I've been considering the importance of reflection in terms of being a good teacher =)

Here are a few ideas/questions I hope to address over the course of the semester with my teaching reflections:

Am I a good teacher? How does my teaching style compare to the styles of my colleagues?

Are my classroom management skills as effective as those of other teachers in my department?

Do my classes fill my students with enthusiasm -- or imbue them with boredom?

Am I confident in my ability to deal with any student problem that arises in the course of the day?

Am I aware of the most current teaching strategies and management techniques? How can I use them to augment my teaching practices?

What are some of the observations, comments, questions, or advice I may offer to my peers concerning their teaching experiences?

No comments:

Post a Comment