Sunday, June 6, 2010

Ode to My Left Leg


Back to normal and no pain whatsoever,
Taking the hardware out was really quite clever.

I am SO PUMPED that the aching in my knee is gone. Besides the ugly-ass scars all over, I think my leg/knee/ankle is about 99%. I've given it enough time to heal, sitting around for months, and it's evident that I've finally arrived at a place where I can stand, kneel, squat, and walk for long lengths of time.

A few years ago I was really scared that I would never get here, that I'd be jacked up for life, but it just occurred to me that I'm really thankful for this and don't want to take it for granted. Anyway, I just thought I should put that appreciation out into the universe... now to get back on the treadmill everyday this week. Booya.

No comments:

Post a Comment