Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Better Than Sex Chocolate Cake

Before there was Paula Deen there was Paula Jean (Lietzke Armentrout).... and that lady has always had a pretty big influence on my super-rich dietary decisions: Bacon. Butter. Bread. Cheese. Cakes. Cherries. Chicken......... Manicotti. Meatballs......... etc etc etc

So, thinking about that and the upcoming ridiculous holiday (Valentine's) I was fantasizing about one of her/my favorite desserts that I haven't eaten in well over 2 years. The irony involved with the title of the cake seems worthy of me making it. I also thought I would share the recipe with all ya'll. Sorry if I won't be able to give you a slice of the one I make on Feb. 14th!



Ingredients:

1 box Duncan Hines German (or dark) chocolate cake mix
1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
1 jar (8 oz) Mrs. Richardson's hot fudge sauce
1 pkg (6 bars) Heath toffee bars, chopped
1/2 pint Cool Whip


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch pan (don't use a Bundt pan or cupcake tin as it won't be as moist or delicious.)
Prepare cake mix as directed on box. Pour into prepared pan.
Continue baking until cake tester comes out clean, 32-37 minutes.
Immediately upon removing from oven, poke holes in top of cake with the handle of a wooden spoon or dowel.
Pour condensed milk over cake and into holes. Cool in fridge.
Top with the fudge sauce.
Frost with whipped topping.
Sprinkle toffee bits over top.
Return to fridge before serving.

ENJOY... and cry a little bit ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment