Sunday, October 4, 2009

Vagina: It's Not a Clown Car


Oh look, Mrs. Jim Bob (how appropriate) Duggar has her 19th bun in the oven! I bet they'll give up on coming up with cutesy names that start with "J" (all the kids’ names start with "J," in fealty to their patriarch) and just call it "'J’ to the 19th power." That would be totally bril.

Even though this isn't the most recent development, I decided to weigh in on the topic after a few people on FB were kicking around the premise of the show (kudos MB!) The fact that this family is cranking out another baby is usually met by eye-rolling; but somehow in the wake of the virtual implode of the economy, it’s even more spectacle-inducing than usual. I couldn't resist making mention of it here.

First of all, the Duggars like to crow about how they’re not in any debt; but that’s only because their entire lives, including their ginormous family compound, is subsidized by basic cable.
If it weren’t for their new TLC show 18 Kids and Counting, the entire clan would be out on the highway wearing “Will Tell You Why You’re Hellbound For Food” signs. It's also beneficial that they have a book deal and they've been performing their own symphony orchestra for years (and of course for profit):





When I think of the resources this family sucks up (not to mention the literal mountains of diapers they produce), I can't help but think that this is their lifestyle more so because Michelle finds the need to indulge whatever mental illness compells her to turn herself into a baby-making robot and Jim Bob can reassure himself that his dick hasn’t stopped working. The only possible solution is to dip Jim Bob’s testicles in liquid nitrogen and then shatter them with a ball peen hammer.

Nevertheless, this "traditional" pro-life-purist lifestyle Quiverfull Movement...


IT MAKEY NO SENSE TA MOI! And if I were one of the boys (and had about an ounce of my own thought) I would ditch that dweeby side-part! I'm just curious if there's a bible verse that should be interpreted as "and though must clothe thyselves as mega-dorks with innocent simpleton haircuts." That would at least provide a bit of rationale. But seriously, this is the question I posted on FB in response to the discussion I mentioned earlier:

In a postmodern society that highly values meaningful relationships with our parents, I wonder how kids in such huge families feel about the closeness to theirs?

Disclaimer: Defendants of the Christian clown car vagina lifestyle who attempt to comment here will have their comments either: a) approved and soundly mocked, or b) unapproved and ignored, depending on my whim. Also, if you know me, you know I hold certain religious beliefs (sans ridiculous, unpractical birthing decisions.) Therefore, I thought I should throw out a couple of sarcastic ideas with the sole purpose of challenging the brain-washers that sometimes call themselves Christian.Throwing around a Psalm here and there (they cite Psalm 127:3 "Children are a heritage of the Lord" on their family website) doesn't necessarily establish nor justify their rights to procreate excessively.

And to leave you with yet another ideological conundrum, I will say this about the Duggard's lived experience: it's almost as ridiculous as the long-term breast-feeders:







WHOA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment